JEE Main 2019 examination will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The JEE Main 2019 exam will be conducted between January 6-20, 2019. There will be paper 1 and paper 2 and the paper will be conducted in 2 shifts. Until last year, there were no guidelines on what to wear at the JEE Main examination. There are no guidelines released by NTA yet. Universally, there are some general rules for dress code which are applicable to the candidates appearing in the exam. But in JEE Main 2019 strict dress code guide is given to the candidates. Since JEE Main 2019 is a National Level Examination, inspection is a must and is done strictly.
Last year, metal detectors were used for checking the candidates at the exam center. To make the process of inspection easy, this time some dress code guidelines are given to the candidates. It will not only ease the process of checking but will be less time-consuming as all the candidates will dress according to the given rules. The main thing behind JEE Main 2019 dress code is that candidates should wear those clothes which does not raise any suspicion of hiding cheating material, mobile phones or any device that allows communication. Dress code guidelines are further detailed in the article.
What can you wear?
- For Male candidates,
The exam will be held in January thus male students can wear full sleeves shirts and jackets. Simple jeans and trousers are recommendable. The clothing must have no or fewer pockets.
- For Female candidates,
Females should opt for loose and comfortable items of clothing. Again, the clothing must have less or no pockets.
- Instead of shoes, slippers or open sandals are recommended to the candidates.
- A light colored dress which does not have too many folds or drapes.
What you cannot wear?
- Candidates are not allowed to wear fancy scarfs/stoles, jewelry items, goggles as there will be metal detectors to carry out the inspection process. These items make inspection process tough and time-consuming hence they should be avoided.
- Candidates should not wear caps and watches inside the exam center.
- Candidates are prohibited to carry an analog watch, digital watch, food items, sheet of papers etc.
- Students cannot wear socks as the authorities feel that cheating material can be hidden in socks.
- Dresses with big buttons, badges, or brooches are strictly not allowed.
- Complicated clothes and hairstyle should be avoided.
This year NTA has released a list of things which are prohibited at exam centers. The list is as follows:
Bits of paper, Calculator, Books, Camera, Cell Phones, Earphones, Copying material, Eatables, Geometry box, Electronic devices, Log table, Mobile phones, Notebooks, Pager, Pencil box, Water, Tape recorder
Finally, it is the student’s responsibility not to carry any of the items that raise suspicion and is mentioned above. Candidates should ensure that they are dressed according to the guidelines mentioned by the authorities.
NTA has released some important guidelines apart from what to wear and what not to wear at exam centers. Firstly, JEE Main 2019 admit card for January session will be available from December 17, 2018. JEE Main Admit Card is the only document that is used to enter the examination center. Candidates can get admit card online on ‘JEE Main 2019 Login’. To get the admit cards, the candidate can log in into the JEE Main 2019 portal using their JEE Main 2019 application number and password. The hard copy of the admit card is needed at the exam center to appear in the exam.
Along with the admit card, candidates are also asked to carry a valid photo id proof at the exam center. The photo id proof can be a PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, College ID Card etc.
On the examination day, candidates are advised to carry following things-
- Printout of JEE Main 2019 Admit card
- 1 Passport sized photograph
- 1 Photo ID
- PWD candidates should carry their disability certificate along with them at the center.
The photograph carried by the students should be the same as the one uploaded during the registration process.
ALL THE BEST TO ALL ASPIRANTS!!!